Covid-19 and the stay-at-home orders kind of threw us all for a loop, huh? It definitely messed with the things I do for self care, but I was able to come up with a few altermatives. By the way, I hope my Self-Care Series, where I covered things like at home hair care, lashes and nails, self reflection, and time for yourself, helped you get through this a little easier. I’m ready to get back to normal, though, including photographing my clients with new session precautions in place.
Now that we are finally talking about opening back up for business(though it hasn’t officially happened) in Saint Louis, I thought it was the perfect time to talk about session precautions I will be implementing before, during, and after sessions.
- With each client, I’ll do a health history review and enhanced sanitation/disinfection procedures in accordance with federal and state health safety guidance. Thankful for my dental hygiene background now!
- Additional time between appointments to prevent client contact with each other. My studio is also 1800 Sq foot so this should be easy!
- All surfaces will be wiped thoroughly with hospital grade disinfectant before and after each client.
- All fabrics will be changed and washed after each session.
- Hair and Makeup will thoroughly clean hands and wear nitrile gloves when possible.
- All product bottles used during makeover will be disinfected and disposable items will be used when possible.
I’m sure most of us are aware of the Covid-19 symptoms. In case you aren’t, these symptoms are listed below.
- Shortness of breath/diffficulty breathing
- New loss of taste/smell
- Muscle Pain
- Sore throat
- Repeated shaking/chills
Reasons to reschedule your session
Even though I am taking all session precautions possible, we all need to work together to prevent the spread as well. If you notice any of the following symptoms, please reschedule your session. 🙂 We would ALL appreciate it. 🙂
- You or anyone in your household has any of these symptoms WITHIN THE LAST 14 DAYS.
- You or anyone in your household have been diagnosed within the the last 30 days with Covid-19.
- Exposure to anyone with Covid-19 in the past 30 days.
- Traveled outside of the U.S. or to any hotspots within the U.S. in the last 30 days.
Finally Opening Back Up Again!
I completely believe we will be back to shooting session with session precautions in place in June. Should I find out that won’t be possible, I will definitely update you all through my email newsletter and this blog(and all the other avenues as well).
If you’ve been considering a session, please be sure to schedule ASAP! My June and July 2020 schedule is already close to full. Once we fully open back up, sessions will go FAST!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have ANY questions whatsoever. 🙂