For the past few years, I have been anti- accessories for
I’m changing my stance today. I now feel accessories can take your boudoir outfit to the next level.
With that being said though, I still think there are some rules to follow when finding accessories for your boudoir session.
So today, let’s talk about the rules for accessories for boudoir session outfits and seve different options for accessories.
Rules for boudoir session accessories
My biggest rule about accessories is for necklaces. I love them, but at the same time, some poses with necklaces are hard. When we are doing laying poses, they can sometimes look as though they are choking you. The clasp will end up in front, so we have to watch it constantly.
As for heels, they HAVE to be very tall, at least four inches, or we might as well not use them. You don’t want kitten heels when you’re trying to be sexy!
Don’t forget your engagement ring if this is a wedding present. It WILL be missed in the session.
7 options for accessories
1.Heels. I feel like this is an obvious choice. Good heels are going to lengthen your legs and make your calves look great. Don’t worry if you aren’t good at walking in them. You won’t have to walk far.
I have black stilettos in the studio in multiple sizes for those of you who don’t have any at home.
You can’t go wrong with black or nude heels. If you want to go all out, get these Louboutin heels.
2. High socks with your bodysuit or a sweater and lace panties
3. Pearls are classy and necessary accessories if you are going for a timeless look! I don’t think they make or break your photos, but they do give you something to do with your hands. Unless you are someone who wears pearls often, I think you can get away with this imitation pearl necklace.
5. Hats and caps are tough. They can cover the light on your face, which is something I don’t love, but with a little adjusting, we can make it look beautiful. 🙂
6. Jewelry, in general, is difficult just because it doesn’t lay right if you are in a pose laying down. Usually, if an outfit really calls for jewelry, we will photograph some sitting or standing poses.
7. Although I never wear bracelets in real life, I love them in boudoir photos. They feel so classy.
A few exceptions
Guns. With prior approval of me, we can make this work, but the gun HAS to be unloaded obviously.
Food I’m okay with! Just let me know what you’re bring prior to the session, so we have a posing plan.
Glitter. Just no. Absolutely not. I’d rather jump off my building.
Confetti. I’d rather not. I’m still picking it up from a session 2 years ago.
No matter what, though, if certain accessories are important to you, or to him, we can make them look beautiful in the images.
“I’ve always thought of accessories as the exclamation point of a woman’s outfit.”Michael Kors
Book a FREE consult now so we can brainstorm ideas! No pressure in booking an actual session. I want this session to be exactly what you dream! 🙂
Have you signed up for the email list?
Be sure to do so if you haven’t. That’s where you hear about the special offers, parties and events, and just get some positive weekly information. I’d hate for you to miss out!