The first time I had ever heard of boudoir photography was when I started photographing clients. Seriously, I had no idea what it was before then. I was super sheltered growing up, by the way. My first thought was there’s no way that someone can shoot tasteful boudoir photos. And then my parents will never understand when I tell them what I am doing!
Honestly, I still don’t think my parents
The important thing to me is showing women their true beauty in a beautiful, classy, and tasteful way in a time when all we are seeing is overly filtered photos on social media.
“A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.” -Coco Chanel
So, today, I want to talk to you about common boudoir misconceptions, prepping for a session, what a session with me is like, and when to have and why you SHOULD book a boudoir session. We have a lot to cover. ☺️
Have you said any of these things to yourself?
- I’m not pretty or sexy enough for a boudoir session.
- Only models are photographed like that.
- That photo HAS to be a model.
- I won’t be able to get the expression for a boudoir session.
- Boudoir photos are not classy or tasteful.
I’m here to prove you wrong on every item on that list today. Although, I do photograph SOME STL influencers(Maddie, Vi, Gillian), my
Prepping for a classy and tasteful boudoir session
It’s very important to prep well for a boudoir session. By that I mean bring great outfits, get a spray tan, and trust my hair and makeup artists.
“Simplicity is the ultimate form of sophistication.” -Leonardo da Vinci
You can read more about what to wear in this blog post, but the main points are listed below.
- Correctly fitted underwear. Cheeky or thongs that are one size above what you normally wear to prevent skin indentions.
- Bring a few bra and panty sets so that we have plenty to choose from. Lace is always better. It looks classy/tasteful and makes you feel beautiful.
- 1-2 Bodysuits. They are good to help you get comfortable in front of the camera while still feeling sexy. It’s important to have thong or cheeky bodysuits to make your booty look its best.
- Either an off the shoulder sweater or a robe that you feel sexy in. Make sure the sweater isn’t bulky or it won’t photograph well.
- Bring one of your man’s button up shirts. He will love these photos the most!
- Super high heels. They will lengthen your legs and you will love the photos in them.
Are you one of the unlucky fair complected women like me? Or if you just have an uneven tan, try Just Fakin Tans. She is my go-to for the perfect tan that will have your skin glowing during your boudoir session.
Hair and makeup
My hair and makeup artists are in the studio before your session to help you relax. The girls will help you feel beautiful, relaxed, and pampered before your session, and they can help you achieve the look you want. Be sure to come in with some ideas prior to your session as well. Need some inspiration? Check out my Pinterest boards.
Leave the posing and expression to me
The one thing you don’t have to worry about is the actual session. As long as you bring the perfect outfits as I mentioned above, you will have a beautiful, classy, and tasteful boudoir session full of gorgeous pictures for your album.
I have “ice breaker poses” that we photograph during the first set of poses. These poses were carefully designed to help you get super comfortable in front of the camera. Once we finish these and you see a few
He will love it
I promise you, when he sees these tasteful boudoir photos, he is going to flip out. It will be worth the worry and nerves you feel before the session when you see his reaction. And to top it off, you will feel like the most beautiful woman in the world!
When should you have a tasteful boudoir session photographed?
Is this for a gift? If so, I would recommend no later than 2 months before you want to give him the album. My turn around time is super fast though, so you can contact me if you have a quick deadline.
But honestly, the perfect time for a session is right now. It will change your life and your view about yourself, and let’s face it we all need that. It’s 2019 and social media is full of overly filtered photos that can wreck our confidence when we see our unfiltered selves.
Now, back to when I started my career in boudoir photography. My goal was to photograph women in a classy way through tasteful boudoir photography. Over the years, I feel like I have been able to achieve this by educating clients on what to wear and how to prep for tasteful boudoir photos.
Good lighting and posing combined with helping clients get the right expression also helps to achieve the tasteful boudoir photos I wanted to create, photos that not only will your man
The perfect time to schedule a session is now. I promise you won’t regret it.
I’d love to talk to you through a consult, which you can schedule here.